On an evening in Roma...

| |
Well, I'm here in Naples, south of Rome.
Well, that's because the internet was a little problematic yesterday.
And since we change hotel everyday, we have to go south, if following the itenary.
So how's everybody?
If me, Rome was a little unpleasent for a certain reason.
And Naples reminds you about some Bangkok or Vietnam.
The traffic I mean...

If it wasn't for the low battery in the computer, I would've continued.
And did I mention that the hotel room does not have a convenient plug?
I have less than 3 minutes, so...

Phew, I managed to charge the battery.
Well, in Sienna though...
Today's the fourth day!
And I guess that some would want to know all about the trip.
Well, I'll try my best, cause I have to sleep soon.

*****

1st day

It was 12 a.m in the morning when I reached KLIA.
I was a little tired, but felt an unexpected energy somewhere inside.
For tonight would be the night that I'll depart for Italy! ('Fall For You' modified extract)
My family had a slight privilege, and so we went to the Emirates Lounge (Yes, Emirates...)
The lounge may be small, but the food really packs a punch!
Here are just some of them-
The smoked salmon and scallop with Thai sauce.

And there you have it, Emirates Malaysia's finest food!
And now, we fast forward 2 hours, and we're in the plane.
The Business Class was satisfactory, which you can see from the blurred picture.

After a few hours, we reached Dubai for a 'pit stop'.
:P
Since the next flight to Rome was in 4 hours, we had some time to do some shopping.
And blog in Dubai.
Teehee... ^^
Dubai is a very rich country.
Plus, the currency is like somewhat 0.98 compared to the Ringgit, and so it's quite easy to compare prices.
Well, after that, we took a same sized plane, but upgraded business class seats.
Take a look at this:
Now that's what I call satisfaction.
After like, err... 6 hours I guess, we reached Rome...
The weather was like, 8-12 degrees Celsius...
I found the airport to be very old.
The airport ceiling will never ever beat Malaysia's...
It's 4 times lower.
Muahaha.

After collecting our luggages, we procceded to the exit.
The weather was hotter than I'd expected.
And so my gloves were of no use.
So much for the RM100...

On the bus, the people were like robots.
We didn't talk to each other, due to the Malaysian attitude running deep in our bloods.
I guess...
Our tour guide's name is Alicia.
And for A. Keys fans, that's Alicia Tee to you all.
She's quite a nice lady.
If not for her broken English I guess.
She says 'Bonjour No' like a ----
Okay, broken Italian...

Our first stop was in Vatican City.
There was another tour guide there.
Italian, to be exact.
After giving us some headphones for easy communication, we procceded to the St. Peters Bascilica.
That's 'Church' in Italian.

Wows...
It's the biggest church in the world...
Talk about it being in Vatican City, which is the smallest city in the world, with approx. 0.44 kilometres in diameter (I was too lazy to double check in Wiki)...
The city isn't covered with a big fence.
And no passport is needed...
Haha...
By the way, some parts of the city isn't covered with fences (duh)...
Which means that one tile may belong to Italy, while another in front may belong to Vatican.
Talk about amazingness...
Haha.
We went in the church (or maybe cathedral).
But to not waste everybody's time, I shall now procceed to the other attraction.

Trevi Fountain.

When I reached there, it was around 5 p.m. local time.
And the sky was starting to get dark.
Wow, talk about winter wonders...

The fountain backdrop is the Palazzo Poli, linking the two main stories with Corinthian pilasters. 
A traditional legend holds that if visitors throw a coin into the fountain, they are ensured a return to Rome. 
Among those who are unaware that the "three coins" of three coins in the fountain were thrown by three different individuals, a reported current interpretation is that two coins will lead to a new romance and three will ensure either a marriage or divorce.
 A reported current version of this legend is that it is lucky to throw three coins with one's right hand over one's left shoulder into the Trevi Fountain.

I threw 3 coins, and to the suprise of me, my mother was taking a video...
(cries...)
Since I fantasize about marrige, I'd better get home fast...
Haha.

Right after that, we went for our first dinner.
It was located in one of the restaurants in the streets of Rome.
I think the name was: 长龙饭店.
It wasn't too bad, consisting of chicken, fish, prawn etc.
But the fact that it was located in the basement...
Urrgh...

Our hotel was...
Err...
Okay, I forgot the name.
It was a chain hotel with an unknown name, that's all I can say.
Rumors tell that the hotel name was going to be changed to Le Meredien.
So much for the deco...

The room was satisfactory.
First things first...
The internet!
Okay, maybe not.
We were distributed the keys, then procceded to our respective rooms.
Porters will take pur bags. Ingenious idea from GTT, if not for the limited number of 'the walking object with two hands'...

The internet was a little problematic (as stated in the top), and so I did not work on my blog for the time being.
And so, I slept soundly for the rest of the night.

The next morning...

*****

HOLD IT!
Okay, I'm currently in Milan, which is counted as the coldest city in our itenary.
I shall go to Nice, Monte Carlo and so on tomorrow.
Which is, in France.
And so, I get another chance to try out Escargot...
YAY!!! ^^

*****

(continued from top)
Okay, maybe not the next morning yet.
I forgot about the coliseum...
Which we visited before the Trevi Fountain.
P.S: Yes, I took both the pictures...

The building was magnificant.
I now have seen another of the New 7 Wonders of the World...
My second, that is, after the Great Wall of China.
I now have not much time to explain much, so...
Okay...

The next day...

After waking up, drowzy, as expected from jet-lag, we went for breakfast.
The food was alright I guess.
After a while,we went to the town of Pompeii, which was frozen in time when it was engulfed by the eruption of Vesivius (a volcano, duh...) in AD79.
After the town was excavated in who knows when, the people's movements were frozen.
In bones I guess.
Until a smart archeologist came up with an idea to reform the human body with the bones inside.
I guess...
I just can't seem to remember what happened that day...
Over there in Pompeii, there was another guide named Marco.
He's really good in telling us all about the town.
Over there, there used to be gladiator fights and your typical Roman Civilisation.
Okay, excluding the ancient bars, bakeries and...
Well, straight forwardly, erotic art...
...

There were many pictures taken, but just to let you know that each is around 3.0 mb
Which means that uploading them will take a while.
Yes, I can reduce the quality of the picture, but...
Oh well...
You should know me by now.

After that, we went for our first Italian lunch.
Actually, we missed yesterday's lunch, and we got a refund of 10 euros...
Anyways, 

Next, we went to Sorrento, a place high up in the mountains, and easily reachable from Pompeii or Naples.
It's a popular tourist destination, however, we only spent less than an hour there due to the lack of activities.
All we did was go to a wood factory, which the people there are specialized in.
We bought a nice musical box, and when you open it, you can keep some of your stuff in there.
The song wasn't so nice though...
:P

After that, the sky got dark, and we were heading to Naples, known as Napoli to the Italians.
We went straight to the restaurant, which was Chinese.
Once I entered the restaurant, I soon remembered what Alicia said to us yesterday---
'If you can't stand the food today, tomorrow's food would be inedible...
I braced myself for the worst.
However, due to the nice atmosphere, the food tasted nice to me.
Not as nice as yesterday's, but definitely not inedible... ^^
Lastly, we went to our hotel-Holiday Inn.
That was the good part.
The bad part was...
The hotel size was literally, inn-sized.
Oh well, it was mordern at least.
The room was okay, and so we slept comfortably till the next day.

The third day.

0 comments: