Am I?

| |

I've always watched people having talks...
With faces as happy as a lark.
With grins as wide as the Cheshire Cat.
Watching them, I always have that feeling in me.
The feeling of emptiness.
As I walk around the school compound...
Alone...

Am I just a lone wolf, the one lost from its pack?
Am I the turtle, who hides itself in its shell?
Am I the wallflower, pretty but ignored?
Or am I just plain shy, to take action after many months of planning?

"Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down."

This simple quote explains what I was doing all these years.
To not take action, but to wait for somebody else to do so.
And what did I get from all this?
Nothing.
Well, nothing much.

Here's one quote I've been living with for quite some time:

I like her because she smiles at me and means it.  ~Anonymous

I always wonder: Have I done enough for this person?
Will I ever have the courage to speak up?
If no, will she ever know?
Am I the person who cares?
Or am I the irritating parasite?
I may never know.

Even so, when I call for help, there will always be somebody for me.
Though we don't talk much, we still have that bond.
The bond of friendship that will never be broken.
When I am down, one will stand up and talk to me.
When I am happy, they share my happiness.
When I am alone...
Well...
 I think of one person.
And I join in the crowd.

Am I one of the majority who has somebody in their mind to help them?

I am.

0 comments: