Crunch time

| |
Ever heard of Martha Argerich? Yep, that's me. In my wildest fantasies.

I really could go on ranting and raving about my half-an-hour repertoire, but I'll seriously leave it to god to decide, while my anti-fatalistic side starts arguing about practice being essential and whatnot. I mean it is, but how long can the human body last? I'm down with a serious flu (presumably due to me constantly trying to put up with (I quote) window shopping and hair blowing in Korea) and it's late at night. Ah well.

I guess putting aside all the tension that awaits in New Hampshire, it's really leaving to UK for good that terrifies me. And that's actually quite an understatement. Frankly speaking I'd rather finish up college in HELP or Taylors, take a gap year and audition for Julliard just for fun. But who wouldn't want that? The world (well, the west) needs more Asian guys around to help them with calculations and billion-dollar contracts, and that's the gap in the market some of us have to fill.

Back to earth, there's no doubt quite a psychological barrier between east and west. Don't get me wrong, I'm not starting a flame-war about racial segregation and whatnot, it's just that I've been to an international school, and there is that difference, whether you like it or not. As Asians the majority would tend to be more reserved and over-analytical, while our counterparts can be exceptionally oblivious and outspoken. And that's what made me quite the oddball in the Anglo-infested world of Alice Smith, which I hope doesn't emulate again during my time in Sevenoaks.

It's going to be a wild ride. The days of relaxation are over. The days of being able to come back home grumbling about your day to your bestie are over. It's pretty much crunch time, whether it concerns music or studies. And I'm just hoping for the best.

Cheers!

0 comments: