Cause tumblr's just too mainstream

| |
Just so you know I've copied my one-month old post from tumblr, so treat it as if I'm in the preparatory stages of my trip to Korea. Tumblr really doesn't take itself too seriously, so...back to blogger for me :)

I’m almost flabbergasted as to why blogspot has lost its popularity over the years. I remember a millionth of an eon ago when blogger was the way to go for organising events, or even just voicing out your beliefs and the roasted dog you ate last summer in Shanghai Bund. Ahh the nostalgia.
Facebook has clearly taken over the limelight, and as one cleverly pointed out - Facebook has taken over the world, so much, yo mamma has one. No fat joke can bring you out of the humiliation that you’re sharing the same internet base with your ex and probably some child prodigy who invariably crushes the hell out of you in Liszt’s Hungarian Rhapsody, a piece in which he’s happily tinkling away at Carnegie Hall while you proudly present to your parents the first eight measures of Lento galore. To which they’ll look at each other and simultaneously give a nod of disapproval.
 Take that, Western parenting!
Speaking of which I do have my own pieces to work on as well. Four grueling pieces to practice in a month, not helped by the fact that I haven’t started on two of them. Try listening to the first ballade by Chopin, makes for a good listen, but practicing is definitely out of the question, unless you’re either one of three of these things
1) You’ve finished your Grade 8, and have nothing else better to do than to go for masterclasses and six-hour daily practices.
2) You have a great passion for music, and would love to share the joy and emotions of classical music to a wider audience.
3) You’re me.
So on paper, I’m pretty much ready to bask in the joy of having nothing to do after a long two-year GCSE journey, apart from the occasional preparation for A-levels or IB. Add piano into the function, and you’ll end up with a schedule so miserable you could die. Survive that however and you’ll end up with a most rewarding repertoire, which will be supervised by professors of music from all over the world, and played for the Koreans and the Americans, to which some asian-educated morons would respond with Cziffra’s piano transcription of Saber Dance and La Campanella. So I can’t say that I didn’t warn myself.
Alternatively you could take the safe route, and play for a bunch of furballs which couldn’t care less.
That’s basically my rambling coming to an end, and I’ll be reading my copy of ‘Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother’ to pass time. Definitely makes for an amazing read.
I’ve just realised that comments are in its beta stages. I mean why post something so meaningful to you if the public can’t appreciate it with you? Being frank, I find tumblr very much a conceited platform of sorts, stealing a bunch of quotes and pictures in order to get worldwide attention, albeit in your own recalcitrant world. But hey I’m just trollin’, and I did steal parts of that previous phrase from a U.A Fanthorpe poem anyway. Does that make me part of the tumblr community?
Not with this essay of sorts it will.

0 comments: